Music is God's gift to man, the only art of Heaven given to earth, the only art of earth we take to Heaven. - Walter Savage Landor

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursdays - You know the week has gone on too long when you find yourself discussing the possibilties of writing chocolate syrup words in your coffee

Recently, well, I take that back... My WHOLE life I have been obsessed with one thing in particular. This thing speaks to me though its sound waves. There are certain genre's that do nothing for me, and quite frankly, I don't even consider them this particular item at all. I know the people who know me the best in life can imagine what I may be speaking of... Music? Good job. Give yourself a gold star for today.


My music obsessions have taken me from concert to concert, from jam to jam, from band to band, from genre to genre, to heaven and back. Sometimes, I literally feel my feet being lifted beneath me, pushing e upwards towards the Creator, Himself. How can something so made of this earth sound so spectacular and truly awe inspiring? There is music in heaven, I know it.

Well, I thought I would list a few songs I have been obsessed with lately, and maybe they will give you the same thrill they have given me.


Miranda Lambert : The House that Built Me
http://www.cmt.com/videos/miranda-lambert/500805/the-house-that-built-me.jhtml#id=1654874

Heros : Michael W. Smith
www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6A2xbZ7R9A

Welcome Home : Michael W Smith
www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3x_bhwk8co

Distance : Christina Perri
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACQ7W9gtjq0

That’s Why I Pray : Big & Rich
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjJyZfDCa88

Free : Zac Brown Band
http://www.cmt.com/videos/zac-brown-band/522070/free.jhtml#id=1654874

Forest Gump :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GFgwJiWaJE

Last but not least, I find myself in Meg Ryan's shoes, realizing that Mr. Fox is, in fact, her wonderful internet friend, whom she is so desperately in love with... you know, since she is in love with Mr. F.O.X. too... how is love THIS perfect sometimes? Gah, I love these two. Here is, "Over the Rainbow" - Harry Nilsson
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xNMv7T9Xi8

Just copy and paste the links into your internet explorer. Enjoy :)

No comments: