Music is God's gift to man, the only art of Heaven given to earth, the only art of earth we take to Heaven. - Walter Savage Landor

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Motivation for Change

Here’s the deal. I am fat. I need to lose weight, and no one can tell me any differently. I think I have bored by boyfriend with countless conversations about me losing weight, and never really tackling the problem. I endeavored to win with Weight Watchers before my surgery. There, with no working out, I lost about 5 pounds in the 5 weeks, not including the 8 that was taken with my surgery. That is all fine and dandy, but my motivation subsided when real results were not given, and I grew tired of trying to plan my meals. My mistake. Seriously. I gained the weight I had lost, along with the weight chopped off, almost. Sickening.


So…here is my plan. I am going to lose weight. My goal is completely attainable, and motivating. I have a great gym membership, for pennies a month, and have people to back me up. Mom & Dad, I need your support. Mom, ask me to go bike riding, please. I have a perfectly good bike, good legs, and great sweat glands. I can do it. Morgan? You are my biggest fan, and while I am unable to see your awesome face, keep me in line buddy, with texts and phone calls. Please help me attain my goal. I will send picks and measurements upon request :) Aunt Sherry? Keep me going. You, I see almost every week, and while I don’t need you to tell me how much “better” I look, I need you to ask me how I am doing. Don’t let me fabricate my results. Make me be honest with myself.

I can do this. I can do this. I WILL DO THIS!

My goal weight is 75.2 pounds less than what I weight right now. (And, NO, I am not divulging my current weight to all of you. Buzz off if you think I am sharing that kind of nonsense. It’s embarrassing.) It’s attainable, I swear, and it will make me weigh about what I did when I was a sophomore in high school. Having less chest will help too.

By Christmas of this year, I want to weigh 20 pounds less. I think I can do that. No, I KNOW I can do that.

I want to share this picture with you; it was given to me by a gal at work. It’s motivation enough, and if I can get my swimming/marching band legs and muscles back, I am in it to win it, folks.


Here I go! And... Break!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While it's great that you've got a plan for exercising (keeping muscle and fitness is important!), what else do you have in your plan? If you're serious about this, you may want to look not only at your exercise plan and what you eat, but why you eat.

t it can be incredibly frustrating and depressing to work hard to lose weight, only to gain it back.

Why does it seem like what we know to do to lose weight and what we wind up actually doing seems so disconnected? Our underlying needs can cause us to develop unhealthy habits so they can be fulfilled. Take a look at this video of Beverly, who lost 230 lbs.: http://bit.ly/MgbN9w By understanding her needs, she was able to change her behavior and keep the weight off for good this time.