Music is God's gift to man, the only art of Heaven given to earth, the only art of earth we take to Heaven. - Walter Savage Landor

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ann & Andy (Raggidy?)

I find myself saddened today.

I don't think it's fair the way people are treated in this world. News included.
I do not agree with what Ann Curry was put through on the Today show. I tend to watch the Today show while getting ready in the mornings, and while I know NBC did not think she fit the bill, they should have given her a better send off. 15 years of her life was spent on that morning show couch, and she had to be publicly humiliated on national morning television, and was asked to say her goodbye in a mere 40 seconds. Give me a break. I liked her. I thought she was smart, very attractive, and someone I would love to sit and have a cocktail or a coffee with. I am so sorry Ann, and I hope you teach NBC a lesson... somehow. I know she still has a spot and new title with NBC news, however, I don't think things were handled well, and I do not agree with how NBC handled themselves. It' crap. (Just Sayin')

On to Andy :)
I remember the times spent on Aunt Sherry's couch watching what was once Morgan, Aunt Sherry, and my favorite show, the Andy Griffith Show. We loved little Ron Howard the whole gang, summed up with the Dad, Sheriff, heart-throb, and all around good-guy Andy Griffith. I loved that show, and even today, when I caught random glimpses into the past while flipping through channels, I would stop and watch the episode.
Rest peacefully, Andy, and thanks for making TV clean fun for my brother and I! You will be missed, Mr. Matlock.



No comments: